Personal dataAndrzej Baliński
Instytut Paleobiologii PAN
Twarda 51/55, 00-818 Warszawa, Poland
born 8 November
1946 inWarszawa, Poland
married, one daughter
- Early Carboniferous brachiopod fauna from southern China.
- Late Devonian brachiopod successions and Frasnian–Famennian biotic crisis.
- Evolution of the embryonic shell in lingulid brachiopods.
Research grants and scientific expeditions
- 2005. Professor of paleontology
- 1995. Doctor habilitatus degree in geology at Instytut Paleobiologii PAN.
- 1979. Doctoral degree in natural sciences at Zakład Paleobiologii PAN
- 1970. Master of Science in geology at Uniwersytet Warszawski
- 2009-2012. Leader of the research grant from the Ministry of Science and Higher Education (Poland) on the Ordovician brachiopods and associated fauna from Hubei Province (China).
- 2004-2007. Leader of research grant from the Polish Committee of Scientific Research on Early Carboniferous silicified fauna of Muhua (
- 2004-2005. Co-author (with Prof. Hubert Szaniawski as a leader) of the NATO grant “Environmental changes on the Silurian–Devonian boundary in the Dnestr Basin, Ukraine” .
- 2004. Paleontological investigation during expedition to Podolia (Ukraine)
- 2002-2005. Co-author (with Prof. Grzegorz Racki as a leader) of research grant from the Polish Committee of Scientific Research: „Ecosystem aspects of the great isotope anomaly at the lower–middle Frasnian boundary (upper Devonian)
- 2002 Short-term scholarship at Natural History Museum (London) granted by the SYS RECOURSES
- 1998-2000. Co-author (with Prof. Grzegorz Racki as a leader) of research grant from the Polish Committee of Scientific Research: ”Ecosystem aspects of the Late Devonian biotic crisis”.
- 1979. Member of the Polish Polar Expedition to Spitsbergen.
- 1974. Member of the Pleontological Expedition to Spitsbergen.
- 1971. Member of the Polish-Mongolian Paleontological Expedition to Gobi Desert (Mongolia).
- 1993-present. Head of Publishing Department of the Institute of Paleobiology, production manager and half-tone image editor of Palaeontologia Polonica and Acta Palaeotologica Polonica.
- 2006. Guest editor of the thematic issue of Acta Palaeotologica Polonica vol. 51 No. 4: Biotic aspects of the Early–Middle Frasnian eventful transition.
- 2002. Guest editor of the thematic issue of Acta Palaeotologica Polonica vol. 47 No. 2: Biotic responses to the Late Devonian global events.
- 1998. Guest editor of the thematic issue of Acta Palaeotologica Polonica vol. 43 No. 2: The brachiopods and the Frasnian–Famennian biotic crisis.